Nuevo Water Company (NWC) was formed as a Mutual Non-Profit Corporation in 1913 to provide water to farms and homes in the Nuevo and Lakeview area and is owned by you, our Shareholders. Over the last 108 years NWC has evolved from being predominantly an irrigation water system to becoming a community water supply system. NWC now serves water to more that 1800 homes and businesses in the valley and delivers it through more than 45 miles of pipeline.
Not all homes in the valley receive their water from NWC, some are supplied by EMWD or have their owner private wells. Generally defined, the NWC service area is bounded by the San Jacinto River on the West, the Ramona Expressway to the North, Hansen Avenue to the East and San Jacinto Avenue to the South.
Last year NWC produced more than 613-acre feet of groundwater which is the equivalent to 199 million gallons. For blending purposes, we also purchased about 461-acre feet of water from EMWD or 150 million gallons. As a result, we supplied 1039-acre feet of water to our customers; with a blend ratio of 57% NWC with 43% EMWD.